Robyn began practising yoga in 1998 to help her deal with the trauma associated with the unexpected and sudden death of her father. It was then that she decided to become a yoga teacher, however, life led her in various other directions only to come back to the same place.
Robyn believes that yoga is a pathway to peace for all of humanity. Her classes focus on mindful movement, connecting with the breath and accessing the peacefulness that exists within us all.
“Being able to guide other people to find their own version of peace is an absolute honour. For me, yoga is a journey of self-discovery. I am blessed to be able to share yoga with our community. When we connect with our truest self, there is only love and peace………….and from there, anything is possible.”
Robyn has the following qualifications:
- International Diploma of Yoga Teaching (IYTA) (460hrs)
- Zenergy Kids Yoga Teacher Training Foundation
- Bachelor of Applied Science (1992)
- Certificate III in Fitness
- Certificate IV in Fitness (Master Trainer) – Australian Institute of Fitness
- Certified Instructor – Federation Internationale Des Sports Aerobics et Fitness (FISAF)
Robyn has lived in the Douglas region since 2007 and, in addition to teaching yoga and managing Mossman Yoga Studio she runs a consulting business, Symbiotic Enterprising. She is a professional tender writer, technical writer and grant writer.
Robyn is a Full Member of the International Yoga Teachers Association and a registered teacher with Yoga Australia.
Mia’s exposure to Yoga and Ayurvedic practises began at a very young age. Her grandfather was a practising yogi and her mother, a Sivananda Yoga teacher. Surprisingly, Mia only dabbled lightly in yoga during her childhood and adolescence. In adulthood, along with playing competitive sports including athletics, netball and paddling she practised yoga on a regular basis. It was through attending a particular yoga class one day that she realised how it made a difference to her overall
health and how it helped her manage stress and injuries resulting from her work as a landscaper. It was through this journey that Mia realised she could help others achieve similar outcomes. Today, Mia holds a number of teaching qualifications including:
- Certificate in Purna Yoga Teaching (200hr)
- Certificate in Yin Yoga Teaching
- Certificate in Stretch Therapy
- Certificate in Mat Pilates and Barre Teaching
- Diploma in Fitness and Wellbeing
- Certificate in Functional Movement
- Barefoot Training Specialist Certification
- Certificate in Zenthai Flow Yoga Teaching (encompassing the 5 elements of Chinese Medicine)
Mia is also a qualified massage therapist in Ka Huna Massage, Lomi Lomi Massage and Zen Thai Shiatsu Body Work Therapy.
Mia has been in the region since 1995 and works as a massage therapist, yoga and movement teacher. She is currently studying Ayurveda medicine and Yoga Therapy.
Mossman Yoga Studio is absolutely thrilled that Mia has joined our team and we look forward to the community benefiting from her knowledge and expertise.
Click the button to purchase your pass so you can just walk in and get started.