Tradies often complain of BACK, SHOULDER and KNEE PAIN. They are also at risk of stress and anxiety related illnesses resulting from work overload.
WORKPLACE INJURIES are a real concern for tradies who suffer from muscle tension/tightness, lack of mobility and/or stress and anxiety.
Practising yoga on a regular basis leads to less risk of workplace injuries.
There are a number of tradies practising yoga at Mossman Yoga Studio all of whom started feeling the benefits of the practise after just one class including:
– Less pain all over the body in particular in the back and shoulders
– Increased flexibility and range of motion in the joints
– Increased strength all over the body rather than just in those areas that are used repetitively
– More energetic, less fatigued
– More relaxed and able to slow down and focus better
– All over physical, mental and emotional wellbeing
– Learning how to use the breath to stay calm
The 3 men in the attached video are among the various tradies who practise yoga at Mossman Yoga Studio. They are REAL yoga students (not models or actors!) who very generously donated their time to demonstrate some yoga postures in support of National Tradies Health Month.
We would like to thank:
- Mick Lancaster – long term local and builder extraordinaire – has been practising yoga for approx 3 months
- Graeme Dudley – general maintenance guy, awesome plasterer and co-founder of Mossman Yoga Studio – has been practising yoga for approx 2.5 years
- Mike Daly – retired builder who has worked on a number of key building projects in the region including major renovations of the Sheraton and Silky Oaks – has been practising yoga for approx 1 year.